Current Vacancies - applications open for:
The Deadline for this vacancy has now passed. If you would like to work with us at Linscombe, please send a cv and covering letter and we will let you know if something comes up.
An excellent permanent and full-time opportunity to work as a key member of a team on an established family run farm.
Established in 1996, Linscombe Farm is a pioneering grower of fresh organic vegetables and salads, produced for sale direct to local customers. An award winning business, Linscombe has a strong base of ethical standards, quality of service and integrity. We are now looking for a special person who is a vegetable enthusiast and who wishes to be an integral part of the team in a fully “hands-on” role. This will primarily involve growing, picking and packing our own produce for sale through website sales and local Farmers’ Markets. This is a varied, interesting and physical job and will involve outdoor work in all weathers, polytunnel work, bending and heavy lifting and general farm maintenance activities in addition to crop work. The post holder will also have the ability to work under their own initiative with a problem solving approach, and will need to be able to demonstrate a brisk and efficient attitude towards work.
This position is available immediately (latest starting date 2 July 2012) and it is preferred the successful applicant will live on-farm, although this is not essential if the person who is right for the job does not wish to do so. Salary dependant upon qualifications and experience. Apprenticeships (minimum one year) considered.
Deadline for applications 11 June 2012.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Helen & Phil Thomas, Linscombe Farm, Bidwell Barton, Upton Pyne, Devon, EX5 5HY.
Title: Farm/Horticultural worker
Hours: Basic 40 hours per week, usually 8am to 4.30pm Monday – Friday . Flexibility is important and additional hours may be required.
Annual leave: 20 days plus 8 Bank Holidays (proportional)
Salary: Dependant upon experience and qualifications.
The post holder will be directly responsible to the partners, Helen and Phil Thomas
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To carry out general field and polytunnel work, from seeding through to crop maintenance and harvesting as required
- To prepare and pack vegetable orders accurately and to strict quality standards for various outlets and in time for tight delivery deadlines
- To use tractors, trailers and implements as and when required for field and polytunnel work
- To use farm vehicles to move produce or equipment
- To contribute towards the weekly management of crops and to be involved in decisions regarding availability of produce for various outlets (experienced applicant only)
- To carry out general farm maintenance work as required
- To be present on-farm to provide cover for partners’ leave as required (will include some weekends)
- To be prepared to undertake the roles of other staff to assist with covering for annual leave
- To undertake other duties as and when required not specified here.
Please note that training can be provided for any of the above for the right person, and lack of experience should not deter an enthusiastic applicant. However, a full driving licence and fluent english speaking are considered essential.
Interested in working for Linscombe
We have established an in-house Casual Staff Bank to provide temporary picking and packing cover at short notice to cover such instances as sickness, holidays and periods of peak production. If you are interested in fresh air, fresh food, fresh faces and some fresh banter, consider joining our ‘Bank’. Please contact us at info @ linscombe.co.uk or call 01392 851403.
|Your basket is empty|
Order time left: